Greenhills beach is a stretch of beach to the north of Wanda Beach. The beach is not patrolled and swimming is not recommended. Dogs are permitted on the beach during off leash hours only. The entrance to the off leash area is at Gate 5.
The closest public amenities block is at Don Lucas Reserve.
View our other dog off leash areas
Dogs allowed off leash
- Dogs allowed on beach during non-daylight savings from 3pm to 10am.
- Dogs allowed on beach during daylight savings time from 4pm to 10am.
- Please clean up after your dog using the bins provided.
- Dogs must be on leash when entering and leaving the dog off leash area.
- Always maintain effective control of your dog.
- Serious penalties apply if your dog rushes, menaces or attacks people or other animals.
Dogs that have been declared dangerous or menacing by Council or are a restricted breed are not permitted in the dog off leash area. Failure to comply may result in fines or prosecution under the Companion Animals Act 1998.
Warning: This is an off-leash area. All persons are present at their own risk.
For more information about getting out and about with your dog, head to Where can I take my dog?
Wanda Reserve - Dogs On Leash
Dogs must be on leash on Wanda Reserve (the grassy areas near the car park) at all times.
Dogs are prohibited in the following locations:
- Behind the beach from the edge of the dunes and extending westward to the service trail that runs along the ridge at the back of the dunes.
- North of gate 1 adjacent to the 4-wheel drive park to protect the environmentally sensitive Merries Reef area.
- On the heritage-listed sand dune to the east of the partly sealed service trail.
- On Wanda Beach (south of Wanda Track 5) 24 hours a day.
Enquiries can be directed to the Sutherland Shire Council on 9710 0333 or firstname.lastname@example.org