Reporting Road and Footpath Damage

Council is responsible for the construction and maintenance of local roads with the exception of roads that fall under the control of the State Government (Roads and Maritime Services).  .  

State Government managed roads 

 Any issues about these roads should be reported to the the Roads and Maritime Services.  

  • Princes Highway - Tom Ugly's Bridge to Shire boundary Waterfall
  • Kingsway - Princes Highway Kirrawee to Gerrale St Cronulla
  • Captain Cook Drive - Taren Point Road to Gannons Road
  • Taren Point Road - Capt Cook Bridge to Kingsway
  • Alfords Point Road - Alfords Point Bridge to Menai Road
  • Old Illawarra Road - Menai Rd to New Illawarra Rd
  • New Illawarra Rd - Old Illawarra Road to Heathcote Road
  • Heathcote Road Princes Highway to Shire boundary Sandy Point
  • Bangor Bypass - Woronora high level bridge to Old Illawarra Road
  • Menai Road - Woronora low level bridge to Bangor Bypass
  • River Road - Linden St to low level bridge Woronora
  • Linden Street - Grand Parade to River Road
  • Grande Parade - Princes Highway to Linden Street
  • McKell Avenue -Waterfall

Report a State Government managed road issue to RMS

NSW Road Network Classifications 

What to report to us 

Before reporting an issue to us check the road in question is managed by us and not under State Government control (Roads and Maritime Services).

If the road is managed by us you can report any of the following issues of concern to us:

  • Potholes
  • Missing or damaged signs
  • Oil spillages
  • Council car park
  • Kerb and guttering
  • Safety
  • Blocked or damaged drains
  • Traffic concerns
  • Dangerous conditions eg intersections, pedestrian crossings

Report a council managed road issue

How to make representations to council about road safety concerns


Address: ,

More information



Contact Us about Roads, Potholes and Footpaths

Did this page help you?

We monitor feedback and will respond to your comments if you include your email address.