Contact Us

Before reporting an issue, ensure that the matter is the responsibility of the Sutherland Shire Council. See "Report to other agencies" on this page for issues that need to be resolved by other organisations.

Snap Send Solve

If you're out and about Council is now offering an extra way to Report It with the Snap Send Solve app for iPhone, iPad and Android devices. You can find more information here or get the app with the links below:

Submissions for Development Application

If you would like to make a comment/submission for a proposed Development Application you must do this through DA Track.

Contact council

Bins (red, green or yellow)

  • Missed bin collection
  • Stolen or missing bin
  • Damaged bins

Clean Up Service

  • Collection did not occur
  • Metals where not collected
  • Mattress was not collected

Public Bins

  • Overflowing public bin
Contact Us about Rubbish

Dogs or Cats

  • Change of registration details
  • Attacking or aggressive
  • Lost or found
  • Noise
  • Unleashed


  • Birds being aggressive
  • Feral animals - fox, rabbits, deer, cane toads

Please note

For Injured Deer / Dead Deer reports please contact Council on 02 9710 0333

Contact Us about Animals

Report cleaning and maintenance issues at public toilets.

Contact Us about Public Toilets

Report blocked, broken or missing drains.

If the drain is dangerous, immediately ring Council 24 hours on 9710 0333.

Contact Us about Drains

Report dumping online. If dumped materials are dangerous ring Council immediately, 24 hours on 9710 0333.

Contact Us about Illegal Dumping

Include vehicle colour, make, registration number and detailed location. Also include date and time last observed.

Contact Us about Abandoned Vehicles

Are you having issues trying to pay your rates?
Have you moved recently and need to update your details?
Do you want to know how your rates are calculated?

You can find answers to a number of questions you may have below and how to get in touch if you need some more help.

Frequently Asked Questions and Contact Us about Rates

Trees on council land

  • Damaged, poisoned, vandalised
  • Fallen down
  • Termites / bees / wasps
  • Requires inspection
  • Pruning
  • Removal
  • Blocking my pipes
  • Roots exposed
  • Lifting up footpath
  • Tree snapped or has hanging branch
  • Tree trunk removal
  • Tree has damaged private propery
  • Request a new tree on council land
  • Bushfire hazard on council land

Trees on private property

To prune or remove a tree on private land you must submit a separate application form.

Storm damage

If you have Tree damage caused during a storm contact the State Emergency Services on 132 500. For all other urgent tree safety problems not during storm events contact Council 24 hours on 9710 0333.

Contact Us about Trees

Report graffiti for removal from:

  • Commercial premises
  • Council property
  • Residential Property
Contact Us about Graffiti
  • Damage or Vandalism
  • Electrical fault
  • Plumbing fault
Contact Us about Parks and Buildings

Report illegal parking or unattended boat trailers. Include vehicle description/location/time observed and registration number and type of illegal parking.

Contact Us about Illegal Parking

Report potholes in council roads and car parks. Report oil spills, and missing or damaged road signs. Report footpath or nature strip maintenance issues. Please ensure that the road is not the responsibility of the RMS.

Contact Us about Roads, Potholes and Footpaths

Check the report to other agencies section for issues that are the responsibility of other organisations. This includes street lighting, traffic lights and bus shelters.

If the issue does not belong to any other category or another agency, use the general request report form.

Contact Us about General Issues Making a Claim

Report to other agencies

For traffic light faults contact the RMS Traffic Management Centre on 131 700.

Contact Ausgrid who will assist with electricity, street lighting, wires and poles.


By phone:

  • Electricity Emergency 131 388
  • Residential supply 13 13 65
  • Trees power lines 13 13 65
  • Graffiti / vandalism to Ausgrid property 131 535
  • Faulty street lights to Ausgrid or call them on 1800 044 808.

For storm damage to trees, buildings and flooding, contact the State Emergency Services on 132 500 or visit the State Emergency Service website

  • Burst Water Pipes / Sewer Faults Sydney Water
  • Water Emergency 132 090
  • Water Supply 132 092

Broken Telstra pits, plates and cables the footpath, call 132 203

For damage, debris, signals, potholes contact the RMS:

State Roads within the Shire that are under the control of RMS.

  • Princes Highway - Tom Uglies Bridge to Shire boundary Waterfall
  • Kingsway - Princes Highway Kirrawee to Gerrale St Cronulla
  • Captain Cook Drive - Taren Point Road to Gannons Road
  • Taren Point Road - Capt Cook Bridge to Kingsway
  • Alfords Point Road - Alfords point bridge to Menai Rd
  • Old Illawarra Rd - Menai Rd to New Illawarra Rd
  • New Illawarra Rd - Old Illawarra Rd to Heathcote Rd
  • Heathcote Road Princes Highway to Shire boundary Sandy Point
  • Bangor Bypass - Woronora high level bridge to Old Illawarra Rd
  • Menai Rd - Woronora low level bridge to Bangor Bypass
  • River Rd - Linden St to low level bridge Woronora
  • Linden St - Grand Pde to River Rd
  • Grande Pde - Princes Highway to Linden St

To report issues regarding roads that ARE council roads, use the online reporting form.

Report dirty, damaged or maintenance issues to do with bus shelters directly to Adshel

Did this page help you?

We monitor feedback and will respond to your comments if you include your email address.