Occupation Certificate

The legal occupation of a building is only permitted when the final occupation certificate is issued.  Occupation of a part of a building can be given by an interim occupation certificate.  There are restrictions on the issue of an interim occupation certificate under the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act.  Occupation certificates for buildings other than single dwellings, dual occupancies and related development must be accompanied by a fire safety certificate.

An occupation certificate authorises:

Who issues this certificate?

This certificate is issued by council's certifiers as part of the final inspection process provided we have been appointed your PCA.   

Book council certifiers for a final inspection / Occupation Certificate  



Address: ,

More information


Fire Safety Certificate Application



Fire Safety Certificate Application


PCA final inspection (existing customers)

Did this page help you?

We monitor feedback and will respond to your comments if you include your email address.