Within this section

Biodiversity Offsets Scheme

Does your development or land clearing project exceed the Biodiversity Offsets Scheme thresholds? Find out more here.

Building A New Home

Some basic tips outlining some things to think about when you are looking at building a new home.

Certificates and Permits

Certificates and permits required for complying development and development applications.

Complying Development

Small scale residential, commercial and industrial development can be carried out as complying development. This type of development can be approved by a council or private certifier without the need for a full development application, providing the application meets specific criteria.

Contaminated Land

If you intend to develop land that is contaminated or potentially contaminated council may require you to investigate, remediate and/or validate contaminated soil or groundwater as part of your development proposal.

Council Development Projects

A list of key council projects.

Development Control Plans (DCP)

See the development controls that apply to any property in the Sutherland Shire.

Development Enquirer

The Development Enquirer now available including the Sutherland Shire LEP, DCP and Development Contributions Plans.

Environmental Considerations

Environmental guidelines and considerations for developers and builders to help keep our beautiful Sutherland Shire clean, green and healthy.

Exempt Development

Exempt development is minor work that has little environmental impact. It can be done without approval.

Get the Site Right

Does your development or land clearing project employ best practice erosion and sediment control? Find out more here.

Local Environmental Plan (LEP)

Local Environmental Plan (LEP)

Local Strategic Planning Statement

Planning for our future, Local Strategic Planning Statement, LSPS

NSW Government Community Guide to Planning

Community Guide to Planning for the community to participate in the NSW Planning System

Public Domain Works

Public domain works include works carried out in the Shire's streets, parks and other public land owned or managed by council.

Public Utilities & Council Assets

Works being carried out by Council can be found on our Council Development Projects page. Additionally large private developments can be found on the Non-Council Projects page.

Review Panels

Panels that make recommendations or decisions on development applications.

Shire Maps

Our Shire Maps provide aerial shots since 1930, zoning maps, planning maps, bush fire prone land, flood prone land and other maps.And now they've been optimized for tablets and mobile phones.

Voluntary Planning Agreements (VPA)

Voluntary Planning Agreements (VPA)
Development Applications - Request a Quote Pre DA Meeting Pre DA Meeting with DRF Development Application - New Dwellings and Major Alterations Development Application - Minor Alterations and Swimming Pools Development Application - Major Residential Development Application - Commercial, Industrial Development Application - Change of Use Development Application - Community and Public Development, Child Care Facilities and Educational Establishments Development Application - Subdivision Development Application - Advertising Signs Development Application - Demolition Building Certificate Complying Development Certificate Construction Certificate Modification of Development Consent (s96) Modification or Surrender of a Consent or Existing Use Extend Development Consent Review of Determination Planning Certificate (2) Only Planning Certificate (2) and (5) Bond Release Request Pool Inspection and Certificate of Compliance Telecommunications in new developments


DA Tracker
PCA Inspection Appointment to Lodge DA Comment on a Development Application

Did this page help you?

We monitor feedback and will respond to your comments if you include your email address.