Pensioner Concessions and Rebates


Pensioner rebates

To apply for a pensioner rates rebate complete the pensioner concession application form and lodge it with a copy of your Pensioner Concession Card.

 To be an “eligible pensioner” you must own and reside in the property and be the holder of either a:

  • Pension Concession Card;
  • Veterans Affairs TPI or EDA Card; or
  • Veterans Affairs Gold Card AND receiving income supplement support

Ratepayers can check with Centrelink or Veterans Affairs to see if they are entitled to a Pensioner Concession Card for the purposes of Council rates rebates.

Eligible pensioners may be entitled to 2 rebates in respect of their combined rates/domestic waste bill.

  • A maximum rebate of $250. This rebate is funded 45% by the council and 55% by the state government.
  • A further voluntary rebate to a maximum of $105 is funded 100% by council. You will need to have been a ratepayer in the Shire for three years to qualify.

Deferment of rates

    Eligible aged pensioners may also apply for a deferment of rates for the balance of their account to be paid when the property is sold, passed to estate or on termination of a pension concession card.

    If you have been previously eligible, the amount will be already deducted on your rate notice.


    Address: ,

    More information

    Policies and documents

    Pensioner Rates Policy


    Pensioner Rate Concession Application Rates Statutory Declaration General


    Enquiries can be directed to Rates Hotline on 9710 0585 or

    Pensioner Rates Concession Hardship Rate Relief

    Did this page help you?

    We monitor feedback and will respond to your comments if you include your email address.