Contacting Council

Have Something you need to speak to Council about?

We’re here to help. You can contact Sutherland Shire Council by our contact form, phone, mail or visit our Customer Service team in person.

If you have something you’d like to report or get fixed, the best way to do this is via Report It or Snap Send Solve (for when you're out and about). These are the best ways to get your concern to the appropriate Council officer sooner.

Contact Us

We'd love to hear from you!

We've got a lot of information across our website. If you can't find what you're looking for here, click the button below when you're ready to reach out.

Get in touch

Image - Alternating Content - default
Image - Alternating Content - default

Report it via our Website or through SnapSendSolve

Whenever, wherever it suits you, use our Website or the Snap Send Solve app to tell us about issues in our community.

Customer Service Centre Temporarily Closed

Due to the current NSW Government Stay-at-Home orders, our Customer Service Centre at 4 Eton Street, Sutherland is closed. You can reach our team online or by calling us on 02 9710 0333.



Image - Alternating Content - default
Image - Alternating Content - default


Locked Bag 17,
Sutherland NSW 1499


02 9710 0265


02 9710 0333

8:00am – 5:00pm Monday to Friday. If you are calling after hours, an external service is provided out of hours, for emergencies, during weekends and public holidays.


Image - Alternating Content - default
Image - Alternating Content - default

Deaf, hearing or speech impaired

Customer Service staff are trained to receive calls via the National Relay Service which is a phone solution service for people who are deaf or have a speech or hearing impairment.  View the full list of National Relay Service call numbers and access points.

Volunteer Justice of the Peace Services at Sutherland Shire Council

Sutherland Shire Council are pleased to have staff who volunteer their services as registered New South Wales Justices of the Peace (JP).

While we endeavour to meet the needs of all our customers, the volunteer JP service offered by our Council staff is secondary to, and not part of their primary role here at Council.

Council permits our JP volunteers to verify and witness the documents listed below. It is important to note the below listed documents are limited to a maximum of 15 sheets (per customer, per day):

Witnessing Statutory declarations
Certifying copies of original documents

Please note that due to our Council staff’s primary responsibilities and time constraints, our staff who are JP volunteers will be unable to witness/certify ANY of the following documents:

Documents that require a Public Notary to witness
Enduring Power of Attorney, General Powers of Attorney or wills
Certifying laminated Citizenship Certificates
Documents required to obtain overseas pensions, such as ‘Proof of Life’ Forms
Probate documents
Interstate Land Titles / Mortgage Documents

If you require assistance with any documents mentioned in red above, you can find other community JPs available in NSW by clicking here.

Alternatively you may wish to contact the following organisations in the Sutherland Shire who may be able to provide JP services:

Please phone Council on 9710 0333 prior to attending on the day to confirm if there is a JP available.  

*Please note:

Overseas pensions cannot be certified by a JP. The International Services Branch of Centrelink provides assistance to people seeking to claim a pension from a number of countries which Australia has reciprocal aged pension agreements with.  The International Services Branch can be contacted by phone on 131 673 or on their website at

Public Notaries are also permitted to witness documents for overseas use. If you require Public Notary services please visit their website for a list of officers in your area. (Please note Public Notaries are private legal professionals who may charge a fee for their service).

Image - Alternating Content - default
Image - Alternating Content - default

Translation and Interpreting Services

Council recommends the use of the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS).

The Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) is provided for people who do not speak English and for English speakers needing to communicate with them. TIS services over 75 different languages for the cost of a local call from anywhere in Australia . TIS will coordinate a three-way telephone conversation with a Council officer.

The Translation and Interpreting Service can be contacted on 13 14 50.

当你需要一个解释电话 131 450
¼ôáí ÷ñåéÜæåóôå äéåñìçíÝá êáëÝóôå ôï 131 450.
आप एक दुभाषिया कॉल 131 450 की आवश्यकता होती है।
Se avete bisogno di un interprete chiamata 131 450.
Cuando se requiere una llamada intérprete 131 450.
Когда ва требуется переводчик вызов 131 450.

Language Aids

Council also has accredited Language Aide officers who are available during opening hours at the Customer Service Centre. Language Aides can provide basic assistance with general council matters in the following languages:

  • Cantonese
  • Mandarin

If the Language Aide officer is unavailable your details are taken and the Language Aide officer will contact you to arrange a suitable time.

Image - Alternating Content - default


Did this page help you?

We monitor feedback and will respond to your comments if you include your email address.

Have more to say? Complete our Community survey on the transformation of our website. We are focused on creating a website that provides an intuitive, easy-to-use, and efficient customer experience for our community and we need your feedback to ensure we have captured everything you’d like to see and do on our refreshed website. With the click of a button, you can help us build a better website for our community, provide your feedback now - 2021