Conditions of Membership
Membership of Sutherland Shire Libraries is free. When you join any Sutherland Shire Library you gain access to the entire collection across all of our libraries.
As a member of Sutherland Shire Libraries you agree to comply with the following conditions:
- I understand my library card is required to borrow items.
- I accept full responsibility for all items issued on my library card.
- I am responsible for any charges incurred on my library card including the replacement value and administrative fee for any items lost, damaged or not returned and those associated with value added services (in accordance with Council’s Schedule of Fees and Charges).
- I am responsible for the security of my card and must notify the library immediately if this card is lost or stolen. Until notice is received I am liable for any unauthorised use of the card.
- I will notify and provide identification of any changes to the details on this form. Failure to do so will result in my borrowing privileges being withdrawn.
- The Library does not censor resources used in, borrowed or accessed from the Library.
- Parents/Guardians are responsible for their child’s/children’s selection and monitoring their use of library resources and Internet use.
- In the instance that I should use an electronic request form, Sutherland Shire Libraries may treat as signed by me any email request and declaration, under subsection 49(1) of the Copyright Act 1968, that bears my name, membership and pin number.
- I understand I must maintain a valid email address in order to receive email alerts.
Parents/guardians of children under 16 agree to these conditions on behalf of their child and accept full responsibility for their child's membership.