Grant Writing Tips
1. Review the Program Guidelines. Make sure you're eligible to apply and read all of the eligibility criteria before starting an application.
2. Plan. Don't under-estimate the time it takes to prepare an application. Give yourself enough time to collect all the data and input needed.
3. Be concise. The best grants are easy to read, succint and understandable. Avoid jargon.
4. Evidence of need. Describe the need that your project will meet in the community and how it will make an impact.
5. Budget well. An accurate and balanced budget will help your application stand out from the rest.
If you have any questions about your reporting requirements or the grants program, please contact Community Development and Grants Advisor, Vanessa Zanotti on 9710 0602.