ShireABILITY celebrates International Day of People with a Disability (IDPwD) on 3 December.
ShireABILITY showcases the many organisations, facilities and spaces we have in Sutherland Shire that continually embrace being inclusive and celebrate people living in our community with disability.
The ShireABILITY Film Festivals held in 2019, 2020 and 2021 were a huge success. ShireABILITY Film Festival is an opportunity for people of all ages and abilities to have a voice, tell a story and share their creative talents.
Sutherland Shire Council’s Access Committee is proud to announce the winners of the 2021 ShireABILITY Film Festival
- Winner - The Down Syndrome Movie by Patricia Limberis and Bronwyn Hilton
- Best Documentary - Lachlan's Story: Finding Freedom in Lockdown
- People's Choice Award - The Down Syndrome Movie by Patricia Limberis and Bronwyn Hilton
The Down Syndrome Movie
ShireABILITY would not be possible without its 2021 Major Sponsors and Working Group:
2021 ShireABILITY Working Party:
- Activus Transport - Community Organisation
- CIVIC - Community Organisation
- Engadine Community Services - Community Organisation and member Melinda Paterson
- Lifestart - Community Organisation
- Push the Limit - Community Organisation and member Shanon Bates
- St George Sutherland Community College - Community Organisation
- Sylvanvale - Community Organisation
- The Disability Trust - Community Organisation
- Vision Australia - Community Organisation
- Mable - Community Organisation
- St Vincent de Paul - Community Organisation
- Disability Services Australia - Community Organisation
- La Trobe Community Health Services - Community Organisation
Enquiries can be directed to Jayne Gan on 9710 0422 or firstname.lastname@example.org