ShireABILITY celebrates International Day of People with a Disability (IDPwD) on 3 December 2021.
ShireABILITY showcases the many organisations, facilities and spaces we have in Sutherland Shire that continually embrace being inclusive and celebrate people living in our community with disability.
The ShireABILITY Film Festivals held in 2019 and 2020 were a huge success, so ShireABILITY is back, bigger and better for its third year. It’s an opportunity for people of all ages and abilities to have a voice, tell a story and share their creative talents.
Sutherland Shire Council’s Access Committee invites you to enter the 2021 ShireABILITY Film Festival to celebrate IDPwD 2021.
- Entries open 1 August 2021 and close 5pm on 31 October 2021.
- Entries must focus on ability and inclusion. They must feature locations and/or people of Sutherland Shire area and involve at least one person with disability.
- Entry to 2021 Sutherland ShireABILITY Film Festival is free.
- Entry is open to all ages (entrants under 18 years of age must complete a permission form signed by their parent or guardian).
- $3.5K worth of prizes to be won!
Filmmaking Tips and Tricks Workshop
ShopFront Arts Coop will explore participants filmmaking ideas and share filmmaking techniques, including:
- Creative – What is your story?
- Planning and storyboarding
- Pre-production – cast and crew
- Shooting – location, light and sound
- Inclusive filmmaking
- Editing and final touches
6pm to 8pm on Thursday 12 August 2021
WHERE: Online via Zoom
ShireABILITY would not be possible without its 2021 Major Sponsors and Working Group:
2021 ShireABILITY Working Party:
- Activus Transport - Community Organisation
- CIVIC - Community Organisation
- Engadine Community Services - Community Organisation and member Melinda Paterson
- Lifestart - Community Organisation
- Push the Limit - Community Organisation and member Shanon Bates
- St George Sutherland Community College - Community Organisation
- Sylvanvale - Community Organisation
- The Disability Trust - Community Organisation
- Vision Australia - Community Organisation
- Mable - Community Organisation
- St Vincent de Paul - Community Organisation
- Disability Services Australia - Community Organisation
- La Trobe Community Health Services - Community Organisation
Enquiries can be directed to Jayne Gan on 9710 0422 or firstname.lastname@example.org