Toddlers are moving through a crucial phase of development and our programs support their specific needs in a very nurturing and supportive educational environment.
We take the time to get to know each child – their unique personality, preferences and interests. You can be assured that every Educator at our centre will know your toddler very well.
During the toddler phase we help children to build their pro social behaviours, emotional regulation, language skills and understanding of the world around them.
This includes supporting toddlers to:
- Build receptive language (processing and understanding what they hear and acting accordingly)
- Build expressive language (communicating and expressing needs, learning new words)
- Encourage resilience (bounce back from 'challenges' and try again)
- Participate in a group
- Follow instructions (e.g. building from a single task to multi-step tasks)
- Develop a sense of identity (who am I and where do I fit in?)
- Form friendships and learn to share
- Develop emotional regulation skills
- Increase attention span
- Achieve toileting and feeding independence
- Develop core strength and coordination
Our educational programs are play-based and each toddler’s developmental progress is strengthened through a range of daily activities such as:
- Creative arts and sensory play
- Puzzles and games (e.g. single cognitive skill games such colour matching games, simple instructional games such as ‘Simon Says’)
- Reading stories
- Music, dancing and singing
- Role play
- Construction/destruction areas
- Outdoor play and physical movement (where much learning occurs – sharing, building core strength, learning to jump, climbing and assessing risks e.g. ‘can I jump from here’)
Our Educators build strong relationships with every child to ensure they feel supported, connected and happy.
We work in close partnership with parents on their child’s specific needs. Is there an area of focus you would like us to concentrate on? What are your toddler’s current interests? We encourage and value regular family input into your child’s program to ensure they are inquisitive, happy and thriving.