Families value our large, picturesque, modern and well shaded outdoors.
The children particularly love the large sandpit, bike track with 'petrol station', climbing and balancing equipment, multiple cubby houses, messy play spaces, tending to our thriving herb and vegetable garden, quiet areas to relax and open spaces for group games.
Our well-resourced space is important for the children's holistic learning and development.
Some of the ways children benefit from our outdoor learning space includes:
- Lower stress levels
- The ability to manage emotions more constructively
- Healthier immune systems
- Stronger physical motor skills, as children take supported risks through adventurous play which provokes them to climb, jump, roll, crawl, walk and run on a variety of terrains.
- Stronger creative problem solving skills, vital to cognitive development.
- Stronger social confidence, team work, group collaboration and imaginative play.
- Stronger small muscles in children’s hands and better grasp development, crucial to developing their ability to draw and write.